Sunday, January 5, 2020

Seize the Birthday #180: Layer It!

Happy New Year and welcome to my revamped blog! I decided I would change it up for 2020 with a simpler, fresh look!  I still have some tweeking to do but I like it so far.

Speaking of favorites, I'm playing along over at Seize the Birthday in their latest challenge.  Love their newly designed graphics!


Over at STB, it's always "Anything Goes" for a Birthday theme with an optional Topping.  The Topping this time is "Layer It."  And y'all know I love Toppings so here's my card:



My thought was to use some of my foiling products and "layer." I used my laminator, Deco Foil in Champagne and Gina K. Foil Mates for the sentiment and polka dot accent layer.  Unfortunately I can never photograph foiled cards well.  It looks black but it really is a beautiful champagne color!  <sigh>

The background is from Stampin' Up's Year of Cheer DSP.  I layered everything on a graphite cardstock base from Memory Box and added Moonstone sequins to finish it up.  It felt good to use all older supplies from my stash for this card.  Maybe I should try to do that more often!

Thanks for stopping by and may this new year be everything you want it to be!

Hugs,
Annie A.

"Don't look back. You're not going that way."
- unknown

2 comments:

  1. A beautiful birthday card in black, white, and silver! Great choice of papers and love the fun candles!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card, I bet it looks fab in real life with the foiling! Thanks for playing along at Seize The Birthday :)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments and appreciate you taking the time to visit my little corner of the world in Blogland!