Wednesday, January 8, 2020

The Paper Players #472: Theme Challenge from Jaydee

Happy New Year! I'm looking forward to more fun challenges in 2020 from The Paper Players!  The first one of the year is hosted by the talented Jaydee and it's a Theme Challenge:


The Theme is "Something New" and first on my mind was my health.  I usually don't get too personal on my blog, but for the past 15 months I've gone through intensive chemotherapy, radiation, and spent all of 2019 receiving bi-weekly immunotherapy treatments for cancer.  I 'graduated' from immunotherapy on January 3rd and I'm now in check-in mode with my Oncologist every 3 months. In other words, I'm a survivor, and there are a bunch of folks that helped me get through.  The nurses at the Cancer Center were angels in tennis shoes and I am so grateful for their kindness and support!  Thus my card is for my new health situation and to thank my nursing team...all heroes in my book.


This card project used MFT's 'Call the Shots' stamps & dies, MFT's Impact Alphabet dies, Stampin' Up cardstock, and scrap DSP.  The nurse was colored with Copics and the Nurse sentiment was glittered up with Nuvo Glitter Gloss.  The inside sentiment reads "Thank you for making me feel better." 

Thanks so much for stopping by and here's to a happy and healthy 2020!

Hugs,
Annie   



2 comments:

  1. Super cute card, I am sure the nurses will love it. Having great nurses totally helps in a hospital stay. Congrats on your remission! Thanks for playing with us at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Annie, what a sweet card to recognize your nurses. I'm so happy to hear that 2020 is off to a good start for you. Sending big hugs your way! Thanks so much for joining us over at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments and appreciate you taking the time to visit my little corner of the world in Blogland!