Tuesday, February 11, 2020

The Paper Players #477: A Color Challenge from Ann

H friends! Over at The Paper Players, Ann has come up with a Color Challenge this week:


Looks delicious, right?!  I'm done with my Valentines which are perfect for this color combo, so I decided to go with a birthday card:


I used the line art typewriter stamps and dies called 'Type Talk' from Concord & 9th.  I loosely watercolored the typewriter in red  and used a sentiment from the same set.  I used Distress 'Spun Sugar' for the loose watercolor stripes on the card base, cut a black circle stitched frame from Lawn Fawn, and popped up the typewriter adding a little happy birthday sentiment.  The Nuvo 'Strawberry' drops finished off the card.  The typewriter is very retro and I love it.  It reminds me of my Mom's turquoise one back in the day!

Thanks for stopping by ~ I hope you're having a great week!

Hugs,
Annie  

3 comments:

  1. Love those pink stripes - "Spun Sugar" - perfect! And that typewriter and sentiment is really cute - love how the paper is "scrolling" out of the typewriter. Thanks for sharing your creation with us at The Paper Players this week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is adorable! I am seeing lots of typewriters around here lately, and I love your pink one! The striped background is just right and the black circle really draws your eye to the sentiment! Great card, made me smile! Thanks for playing with the Players this week and sharing your creation!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the watercolored stripes and the clever "typed" sentiment! What a fun birthday card! Thanks so much for sharing at The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments and appreciate you taking the time to visit my little corner of the world in Blogland!