Thursday, July 23, 2020

The Paper Players #500: A CAS Challenge by Jaydee

Hi Friends!  The Paper Players, one of my very favorite challenges, is celebrating Challenge #500.  They are looking for a CAS celebration card:



I looked back on my computer and realized I started playing with The Paper Players back in 2014!  I also had the honor of being on the uber-talented design team in 2018 and it seems like yesterday that we were celebrating Challenge #400!


I realize this card is not totally CAS but I had to go a little bit further for their wonderful celebration.  First I traced the balloon shape (MFT Big Balloon) before I stenciled stars (MFT Star Confetti) with VersaMark ink.  I heat embossed them with gold embossing powder.  Next I erased the pencil lines and, using the balloon stencil, I blended Distress Ink Squeezed Lemonade over the embossed stars.  I drew the balloon string, layered a black & white paper strip, and popped up the Happy Birthday sentiment (SSS).  I added a black layer to help it pop a bit on the card base and finished with some shiny SU gold stars.

Congratulations Paper Players on this fantastic milestone!  Here's to 500 more!

Hugs,
Annie

  

3 comments:

  1. Annie, this is fabulous! And, it is CAS to me! I loved when you were on the team. You are so talented and I always admire your work! Thank you for joining us at The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Annie, this is gorgeous. I love the black, yellow and white color scheme. I love all the stars, too. It was wonderful to create beside you as part of our team and we are so glad you were able to help us celebrate our 500th Paper Players challenge
    Hugs
    Jaydee

    ReplyDelete
  3. Annie this is perfectly CAS in my book! I love yellow and that fabulous starry balloon is perfect for our celebration! I loved having you guest on the PP team and it's great that you are still playing along with us for our 500th Paper Players challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments and appreciate you taking the time to visit my little corner of the world in Blogland!