Thursday, August 13, 2020

The Paper Players #503: Joanne's Color Challenge

 Hi Friends!  Today I'm playing along over at The Paper Players where Joanne is hosting a Color Challenge:


Joanne always picks colors that I would never think of putting together but they always work! I was up for the challenge this time:

I used Stampin' Up Melon Mambo and Night of Navy (looks black in photo 😕), Catherine Pooler's Tiara and Gina K's Ocean Mist inks to match up the colors the best I could.  Using those inks, I created a background piece with Concord & 9th's Scatter Dots Turnabout stamp.  On my Melon Mambo card base, I embossed big dots from a We R Memory Keepers 3D embossing folder.  I die cut the polka dot panel and popped it up with fun foam.  The butterfly is 3 layers, 2 of which are vellum pieces.  I added some Wink of Stella to the scrolled body (Catherine Pooler).  Finally, I finished the card off with a piece of Washi tape and the Happy Mail Day sentiment from Simon Says Stamp.  Whew!  Color challenges usually stress me out and it takes multiple tries until I'm happy but this time it came together the first go round!

Thanks for stopping by ~ hope you're having a great week.

Hugs,

Annie

4 comments:

  1. Annie, your card is fabulous! Love those polka dots on the paper and embossed on the card base! Thanks for sharing your beautiful card at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it Annie!! The dotty paper panel echoes the subtle embossing of your card base perfectly and that butterfly is a showstopper! Happy mail indeed! Thanks for playing along with my colour challenge over at The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a happy fun card....love the butterfly! Thanks for joining us this week at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Annie you certainly were up for the challenge. I love how you used the colors. That butterfly is everything! So glad you joined us again this week at the Players
    hugs
    jaydee

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments and appreciate you taking the time to visit my little corner of the world in Blogland!