Tuesday, January 21, 2020

Seize the Birthday #181: Stencils

Hi Friends! Today I'm playing along over at Seize the Birthday where it's always Anything Goes for a Birthday Theme with an optional Topping of 'Stencils" this time around:




I used a couple of different stencils for this card.  First I used Distress Oxide inks (Spun Sugar, Tumbled Glass, Shaded Lilac) with MFT's Big Balloons Stencil.  I used the stencil again to add Nuvo Glimmer Paste in Moonstone to the center balloon for some bling and texture.  I drew bows and balloon strings and added white gel pen highlights to all the balloons.  I thought the card looked a little too plain, so I fussy cut masks for the balloons and used MFT's Cloud Stencil to add a cloud-filled background.  Finally I white heat embossed the sentiment (MFT) and popped it up on the watercolor card layer.  I added a few confetti sequins and called it done!

It was fun to play with stencils and ink and actually made several backgrounds as long as I was getting inky 😉.  Thanks STB for a fun challenge!

Hope everyone is having a good week ~ Thanks for stopping by.

Hugs,
Annie

1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous card Annie!! Brilliant to put the paste over the center balloon!!!! Thanks for joining us over at Seize the Birthday and using our topping too!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments and appreciate you taking the time to visit my little corner of the world in Blogland!