Sunday, March 8, 2020

Tic Tac Toe Challenge 054

Hi again!  This time around I'm posting a card for the latest challenge over at Tic Tac Toe hosted by the uber-talented Joanne:


I was all over the place with this card but finally settled on the diagonal: Insects, Flower, Gingham.  I say all over the place because I started with pastels and butterflies and was going to try a punch but I had forgotten I had donated nearly all of my punches!  So, here is Plan B: 


A friend just received a pretty devasting diagnosis, so I wanted to make a card to check in on her.  I used MFT's Gingham background stamp and Catherine Pooler It's a Girl ink to create a partially stamped background on the card base.  The sentiments are from SSS Healing Hugs stamp set.  The Copic-colored flower was from Concord & 9th's Meadow Blossoms stamps and dies.  The little bee from SU's Honey Bee stamps and dies was also colored with Copics and popped up.  To finish the card I added a dashed flight line, white gel dots on the flower, and Nuvo Glitter Gloss on the bee's wings. I hope it brightens her day.

Thanks for stopping by!  See you next time...

Hugs,
Annie

5 comments:

  1. Annie, what a sweet card for your friend - I sure bet it makes her smile! I love your background treatment, it's just SO interesting! You have done a great job combining all of your elements and that flower is SO pretty with the white dots! I need to get a pen to do that too - it's fabulous!! Thank you so much for playing along with the Tic Tac Toe challenge this week!! XX

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so pretty! I love the partially stamped background

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wowza, I am loving this! Bright and cheerful, sure to bring a smile to anyone's face! That gingham background is amazing! Thank you so much for sharing this with us and playing along with the Tic Tac Toe challenge this week!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So much to love about this card Annie - a fabulous plan B! I love the pink gingham and cheery feel, but it's the little details such as the way the bee's flightpath leads to the flower and frames the upper section and the white gel pen detail on the flower that makes it for me. The perfect thoughtful pick-me-up for your friend and I hope she loves it too! Thanks for playing along with my tic tac board this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, Annie I love the gingham background what a very beautiful design you have created this week. Thank you so much for joining us this week over at Tic Tac Toe challenge. Hope you'll come back and join in the fun this week.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments and appreciate you taking the time to visit my little corner of the world in Blogland!