Sunday, September 13, 2020

CASology #373: September

 Hello friends! I haven't played along over at CASology in soooo long and I just about missed the deadline on this one.  It has long been a favorite challenge of mine and I hope I can play more often in the future. 


Every year since September 11, 2001, I make a card to let someone know I am thinking of them. When I saw that the theme this time was September, I thought I would link my card up.  This year I used a photo of the Twin Towers and the Lights as inspiration to pay tribute to those lost.



I know it's a somber entry, but it's personal for me and my family.  September is not our "happiest" month.  I blended a DI Concord Preserves night sky and had masked off the tribute lights for each of the towers.  I used Tumbled Glass for the tower lights.  I splattered some shimmer spray and the 'Cityscape' die cut is from Savvy Dies, backed with white for night lights.  The sentiment is from Simon Says. I know the recipient will understand what I was trying to do. 

Thanks for visiting.

Hugs,

Annie

3 comments:

  1. This is beautiful, Annie! I love the rich color and the meaning behind it. It's good to remember.
    Thank you so much for playing along with us and sharing your design over at CASology! I hope you'll join us regularly! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. A wonderful tribute... Thanks for playing along with us at CASology!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is amazing, Annie. A wonderful tribute to a terrible day. Hugs. Thanks for playing along with us at CASology!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments and appreciate you taking the time to visit my little corner of the world in Blogland!