Thursday, October 15, 2020

Happy Thanksgiving 2020

 Hi Friends!  Today I'm playing along over at The Paper Players for their warm and cozy color challenge and also over at Shopping Our Stash for the Happy Fall Y'All!



I thought I would use these challenges to get a head start on Thanksgiving cards.  Sadly, this year we won't be getting together for a big family Turkey Day. I still want everyone to know I'm thinking of them so I'll be sending a bunch of cards.



After taking my time to stencil all the little leaves in the challenge colors using Taylored Expressions Fall Foliage stencils, stamping and die cutting some leaves and the sentiment from Hero Arts Grateful Leaves, I put the card together.  When I went to open it up to do the inside, I had put everything together upside down on the card front!  Have you ever done that? Well, that was the second time in two days I did that to a project <big sigh>.  Anyhoo, I cut off the card front, trimmed the Cinnamon Cider cardstock and attached it to a Very Vanilla card base.  I actually think I like it better even though it took a while longer to get there!

Thanks so much for stopping by!

Hugs,
Annie 


7 comments:

  1. Wow, Annie! Your stenciled background is fabulous! What a great way to use the challenge colors! And yep...more than once I've assembled my card upside down. Thank you for playing in my color challenge this week at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love you fall themed card......and yes, I have stamped done the whole upside down thing many, many times! I so feel your pain! Thanks for playing with us at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Leafy loveliness Annie - what a fabulous display of autumn colour! Thanks for playing along with our colour challenge over at The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh and yes, I've done the whole upside-down thing before too - so frustrating but excellently rescued!

    ReplyDelete
  5. First, I have to say "YES"! I have constructed a card upside down...more than once! But you recovered this project nicely and I have to say those stenciled leaves are AWESOME! Love every little thing about this card! Thanks for playing with our colors this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Annie, all of those little stenciled leaves are soooo beautiful! What a fab fall card. And funny you should mention putting a card together upside down. I did it today on a live video. Lol! Thanks so much for joining us this week over at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh my goodness, what a beautiful card and the leaves are so realistically colored. thanks for SHOPPING YOUR (autumn!) STASH with us this time!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments and appreciate you taking the time to visit my little corner of the world in Blogland!