Sunday, April 26, 2020

The Paper Players #488: Laurie's Sketch

Hi there! I'm posting for the new sketch challenge over at The Paper Players and I can't believe I am actually posting this early...for me!


Laurie came up with an easy peasy sketch that's versatile for any occasion. I'd been playing with a new stamp set (for me) from Stampin' Up called High Tide.  I thought the lighthouse scene would work great for the larger image:


I used Hero Arts' Wave & Sea Confetti Die for the background layer over the Neenah Solar White card base.  I die cut the lighthouse scene with MFT's stitched rectangle die and layered it onto some red cardstock.  I added a double bow of May Arts' red twine before popping up the lighthouse.  I also added some Nuvo Glitter Gloss to the light beam and Nuvo Seashell drops to the sandy beach to finish off the card.  I just noticed I didn't use quite as many layers as the sketch called for...oops!   Hope that's okay!

Thanks for stopping by ~ Have a good week!

Hugs,
Annie

3 comments:

  1. It's so nice to see this stamp set...haven't seen it for a while, and I love the scene you created! Bright and inspiring! I love it! Thanks for sharing this with us at the Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your nautical card is AWESOME!!Thanks for joining us at The Paper Players challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Annie, I keep putting this set in my basket and then putting it back. this card is so gorgeous that you have convinced me I have to add it to my next order. Such a gorgeous card. So glad you joined us at the Players again this week
    hugs
    Jaydee

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments and appreciate you taking the time to visit my little corner of the world in Blogland!