Wednesday, July 8, 2020

The Paper Players #498: Fun and Fancy Folds

Hi Friends!  I'm playing along over at The Paper Players Challenge where Ann is hosting a theme of Fun and Fancy Folds:


I'll admit, I'm not a fancy fold cardmaker.  Once in a blue moon I'll give one a try but I thought it would be fun to play along since I had some time to make a few mistakes!  Maybe it's the measuring that messes me up but this time I only had to make the base card once so yippee for me 😊


It's a Stand Up card where the base was cut from Stampin' Up's Night of Navy cardstock.  The DSP is SU Tranquil Textures and the Octopus from SU's Sea of Textures stamps and Under the Sea Framelits. Being at the beach, this is one of my absolute fave stamps and dies.  I die cut MFT's Hugs out of the Night of Navy cardstock and then popped up the sentiment strip from SSS.  This will be heading to my DGS for an 'octopus hug' until we can actually hug in person again!

Thanks for stopping by ~ I hope you're having a good week!

Hugs,
Annie

6 comments:

  1. This is so perfect for the challenge and using all those matching papers and stamps! I am definitely in your camp that fancy folds are not in my normal repertoire, but yours turned out totally fabulous after one try! Love that octopus, perfect for a "hugs" card for your grand!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE this card, Annie! I'm not a fancy fold person either, which is probably why I selected it as my challenge this week...I love seeing what everyone comes up with. This is a really cool design for sure! It showcases this paper and stamped image perfectly. Thank you for playing in my fun and fancy fold challenge this week at the Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with you Annie in that fancy folds are used for special cards only usually. I love the co-ordination of this one though, including the octopus centrepiece - perfect with a hugs sentiment given all those arms!! Thanks for playing along with us over at The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super fun card, love the octopus hugs! Congrats on getting it right the on the first try! I am in the same boat....rarely do I take the extra time to make a fun fold card. Thanks for playing with us at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super cute, Annie! Thanks so much for joining us over at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments and appreciate you taking the time to visit my little corner of the world in Blogland!